Catonsville Violin Studio
Catonsville Violin Studio Policy
Fees and Policy 2019-2020
Payment is due the first lesson of the month for the entire month, includiqng those that have five weeks. Checks should be made payable to Catherine Gates. Cash, credit, Paypal, Venmo and checks are accepted. Should you be absent the first lesson of the month it is your responsibility to pay via for your lesson the day of your lesson. Send Paypal transactions to [email protected] and Venmo transactions to Brian [email protected]
30-minute lessons - $130.00
45-minute lessons - $160.00
60-minute lessons - $199.00
Lesson Scheduling/Missed Lessons/Rescheduling
- I can reschedule your lesson if you provide 24 hours’ notice. If you provide less than 24 hours’ notice I cannot guarantee a rescheduled lesson. I do my best to help everyone out, but if I cannot reschedule then that missed lesson does not get made up.
- If I miss a lesson the lesson will be rescheduled at a mutually convenient time or your monthly payment will be pro-rated for the next month.
- Should you arrive late for a lesson you will receive instruction for the remainder of the scheduled lesson only.
- If Baltimore County Public Schools close due to inclement weather then I operate under a "come at your own risk." A makeup lesson will attempted to be provided if you choose not to come.
- Lessons missed by the student for any reason will not be made up nor tuition refunded.
- There are three breaks per year - spring break, summer break, and winter break. All students will receive three lessons in December 2019, three lessons in April 2020 and summer break 2020 is TBA. Due to the months during the year in which you receive five lessons, the 4th lesson in December 2019 and April 2020 will not be made up
- Summer lessons are generally more flexible so if you need to reschedule please let me know. If I am flexible I ask that you be flexible also. 😊
In the event of irregular attendance/frequent cancellations, or repeated failure to prepare assigned material I reserve the right to terminate lessons with no refund. If you elect to end lessons there will be no refund.
The role of the parent is to ensure their child arrives at the lesson in a timely manner with appropriate materials, to take notes on the lesson as a reference for home practice sessions, to guide their child in home practice sessions, and to motivate and encourage good character and practice habits. If you need to contact me between lessons texting is my preferred method of communication at 410-259-8303. If you will be late for a lesson please text me. I will respond between students when I get a chance. I do not answer calls during lessons. If siblings come to the lesson please provide a quiet activity for them. Please let yourself into my house and wait on my couch in the front hall. Also please remove your shoes when you arrive.
I, ________________________________________________________agree to the Catonsville Violin Studio’s policy outlined above.